There are many articles around the web about what geeks are, what they look like, how to deal with them, and my favorites: how to date a geek and how to live with a geek.
These articles are pretty caricatural, but yesterday I couldn’t help but laugh when reading the list YouMightBe.com made and admitting that a part of it can be applied to me.
So I know I’m a geek because:
- I know the square root of 65536 is 256 without having to do the math.
- I e-mail myself notes rather than writing them…
- …and I can justify the advantages of doing so…
- … and I often reply to the note.
- I’ve already written a useless program just for the “fun” of it.
- and at last but not least, I can program in more languages than I can speak.