One of our configuration file contained the following variable: MYWEBSERVICE=”https://myserver/blabla”. Since we needed port 443 for another service, our old PHP website was assigned port 445, which is a non-standard port number, and the variable became SERVICE=”https://myserver:445/blabla”
The next day, we received our daily log file, and noticed that our web services lasted ten times longer than usually (300 seconds instead of 20 seconds). After comparing my tracert result with the one my contractor obtained, we tried using the IP address instead of the DNS name: SERVICE=”https://myIPaddress:445/blabla”
When I ran the script, everything was back to normal: guess the web service lost its way because of the non-standard port we used.